Students participating in the interscholastic program or any competition/performance are to be governed by the rights, protections, and responsibilities prescribed by the YES Prep Public School and the Athletic Handbook.
Students who participate in the Houston Charter Athletic League or competition/performance are required to meet the eligibility requirements and follow the rules of HCAL and YES Prep Public Schools, students are expected to conduct themselves in a safe and sporting manner toward all persons associated 91 with the athletic program (i.e., conduct becoming to an athlete—such as fairness, courteous manner, and graceful acceptance of results).
Through our partnership with Aldine, our 7th and 8th grade students are allowed to play different sports. These sports include football, soccer, basketball, & cheerleading.
UIL Requires students to be passing all of their classes during each report card. When report cards come out if students have a 69 or below they are ineligible, they can regain eligibility back by ensuring they are passing all classes when IPR’s are available.
- Tony Stanton: Head Football/Tennis/Hoffman Athletic Coordinator
- Tenisha Townsend:7th Grade Volleyball/8th Grade Track
- Derrick McWilliams: 8th Grade Assistant Football/8th Grade Girls Track
- Rodrick Wilborn: 7th Grade Head Football/Basketball/Track
- Andrew Bartos: Assistant Football/Head Soccer Coach
- DeRalph Guy: 7th Grade Girls Head Coach/8th Grade Assistant Football
- Jonathan Clark:8th Grade Head Basketball/Head Track
- Leander Lang: Assistant Track/Volleyball/Basketball
- Marcos Sanchez: Assistant Soccer/Assistant Volleyball
- Wandolyn Jones: Head 7th Grade Soccer/Assistant Volleyball
- Angelica Oider: Assistant Girls Soccer
- Trey Henry: Assistant Boys Basketball